Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Big OOO~ Showtime!

First off, sorry for the late reviews. Things have been hell around here lately and they're likely to get worse in the next few weeks. I'll try to keep you all updated. Also, I'm trying out a new comment program! Let's see how long it lasts.

Alright, by now you've probably seen them all. So I'll just post one and link to the others.



Kamen Rider OOO, or 仮面ライダーオーズ. Like Faiz, I expect he'll have some other version of his name we'll all be using eventually. Oz or something. In which case I already know what I'm calling the episode 1 review.

Anyway, by now it seems like everyone else has weighed in on how they feel about this, so it's my turn. And...?

I like it! I basically feel the same way I did about Double. Pretty cool suit, weird belt, but it's going to make for a cool toy and you just know it'll have its share of fans in a few months' time. It does scream "Look! We're going to have form-changing" in the way Double does. Whether the other forms will look any good, that I've got to wait on. They're apparently going to have weird names I'll probably be mixing up. TakaSakaMakaLamaDingDong and such. The medals are okay, though even I'll be surprised if they achieve Rider Card/Gaia Memory-level coolness.

A couple more things: the surprisingly-accurate artwork that turned up some time ago wasn't very reassuring, but I like the actual suit. There's a crispness to the colors on the black. It looks simple, but in the kind of way I like.

The claws are cool, and an unconventional weapon for what I'm assuming will be the "main guy" costume (i.e. the one that lands on the most merchandise.)

The crooked belt will take some getting used to (straighten it dude! Then it almost looks Typhoon-ish.)

And I love the green eyes. There just aren't enough green-eyed Riders, honestly.

Overall I'm psyched, though the big leering question is that if this is the 40th Anniversary series... is it going to live up to that at all? Or is this just buying time before the real deal in 2011? We'll see.

Starting September 5th, though he'll be turning up somewhere else a little earlier...

***

No comments:

Post a Comment